The following awards have been created by the PENS Board of Directors to honor our members. Please consider nominating yourself or another worthy individual to receive an award. Each award winner will receive a one-year membership in PENS and an award certificate for display. Members of the Board of Directors are not eligible for these awards. The Board of Directors will select the recipients.
PENS Excellence in Clinical Practice
- Honoring outstanding professional performance by a PENS nurse involved in the direct care of children with endocrine disorders.
- Demonstrated expertise as expressed through direct care, team building, child advocacy activities, and mentoring of other professionals in the care of children and families affected by endocrine disorders
PENS Excellence in Advanced Practice
- Honoring a PENS member with a graduate degree in nursing.
- Evidence of expert clinical skills in pediatric endocrinology nursing.
- Demonstration of leadership in activities such as innovative clinical care, education, research, publication, presentations, mentoring, and child advocacy.
PENS Excellence in Education
- PENS member who has made a significant contribution to pediatric endocrinology nursing as an educator.
- Practice setting may be clinical, patient education, or academic.
- Nominees will have demonstrated the development, implementation, and evaluation of innovative teaching methods for the target population.
Submit the application materials to the PENS Executive Office via email to PENS@kellencompany.com
or mail. The materials must be received by February 1