The PENS Nominating Committee is unlike general standing committees in that it is comprised of individuals who are elected by membership during the annual election process rather than appointed by the board. The Nominating Committee’s primary functions are as follows:
- Oversee the annual elections
- Present a session on leadership at annual conference which meets the following objectives:
- Review PENS mission, goals and purpose
- Gain a shared understanding of basic responsibilities of nonprofit organizations and their leaders
- Discuss the financial responsibilities of a nonprofit organization
- Become acquainted with participant colleagues & learn what inspires others to volunteer
- Make recommendations to the board of any suggested change in the elections process.
The committee meets via conference call and in person at the annual conference.
Nominating Committee’s Purpose
The PENS Nominating Committee is responsible for recruiting candidates, and slating of the ballot for the PENS annual election.
Committee Member’s ResponsibilitiesAttend a minimum of 90% of all calls/meetings.Participate in the discussion of the committee by conference call and by e-mail.Recruit potential candidates for various leadership positions on the ballot.Accept assignments as delegated by the Chair. Examples of delegated tasks include the following:
- Write articles for the newsletter or messages to members to be sent via e-mail.
- Follow up with members to encourage them to consider running for office.
- Review candidate materials to determine eligibility of each nominee.
- Participate in the slating of the ballot.
- Prepare materials for the leadership workshop.
- Serve as a presenter at the leadership workshop held at the annual conference.
Call for Nominations Form - 2020
2019-2020 Nominating Committee Roster
Cheryl Switzer, MSN, RN, CPNP, CDE - ChairLakewood, OH
Lisa Marie Richards, MSN, CPNP-PCAdrian, MI
Courtney RobertsonAnkeny, IA
Margaret Garner, RN, CCM|