The PENS Nominating Committee is comprised of individuals who are elected by membership during the annual election process. The committee develops the slate of candidates for future leadership to be voted on by the PENS membership.
The Nominating Committee’s primary functions are as follows:
- Oversee the annual elections
- Make recommendations to the board of any suggested change in the elections process.
The committee meets via conference call and in person at the annual conference.
Nominating Committee’s Purpose
The PENS Nominating Committee is responsible for recruiting candidates, and slating of the ballot for the PENS annual election.
Committee Member’s ResponsibilitiesAttend a minimum of 90% of all calls/meetings.Participate in the discussion of the committee by conference call and by e-mail.Recruit potential candidates for various leadership positions on the ballot.Accept assignments as delegated by the Chair. Examples of delegated tasks include the following:
- Write articles for the newsletter or messages to members to be sent via e-mail.
- Follow up with members to encourage them to consider running for office.
- Review candidate materials to determine eligibility of each nominee.
- Participate in the slating of the ballot.
Call for Nominations Form - 2022
2021-2022 Nominating Committee Roster
Catherine (Cathy) Flynn, RN, MSN, APRN, CDCES - ChairLas Vegas, NV
Michelle MarowitzPhiladelphia, PA
Margaret (Meg) Keil, PhD, CRNP|
Chevy Chase, MD
Melissa Rearson, MSN, CRNDresher, PA