PENS Education Committee focuses on promoting patient/family education, the education and collaboration of the endocrine nurse. Our committee is composed of a chair, manual editor and as many members who wish to participate. We welcome new members!
The specific responsibilities of the Education Committee are as follows:
- Provide and maintain valuable nursing resources for the pediatric endocrinology community.
- Provide quality patient and family education materials regarding pediatric endocrinology disorders. The Education Committee develops these materials and ensures that they remain accurate and up to date.
- Promote education and collaboration of pediatric endocrine nurses.
- Annotate reference resources in the PENS Reporter. These references also are archived on the PENS Website.
- Collaborate with other organizations to promote excellence in pediatric endocrine nursing care.
- Sales and promotion of educational materials
- Revision of educational materials
- Annotated bibliographies for the PENS Reporter
Click here for the PENS Willing to Serve Form
Education Committee Roster
Linda Burkett, MSN, RN, CDE - Chair Canyon Country, CA
Catherine Flynn, RN, MSN, CPNP, CDE - Board LiaisonLas Vegas, NV
Nila P. Cardozo, BSN, RN Springfield, VA
Shaylyn McDaniel, RNPittsburgh, PA
Isabel Couto, MSN, RN, CPN, NE-BCDunn Loring, VA
Shelley NichollsSunrise, FL
New Hyde Park, NY
|Amanda Sue Patterson, BSN, RN|
Oklahoma City, OK
Barb LightnerHudson, OH
Mako E. Sather, MSN, RN, CPNPLittleton, CO