The specific responsibilities of the Conference Planning Committee are as follows:
- In collaboration with the PENS Staff, the Conference Planning Committee develops the program for the PENS conference. This includes providing topics, identifying speakers and alternate choices, planning social activities/meals, and more.
- Speakers are identified by submissions and recommendations of members, staff, and the Board. In providing the educational piece of the conference, the committee is responsible for considering topics that will appeal to the novice, intermediate and advanced practice member or attendee.
- The committee works closely with PENS Staff in setting the format for the conference, flow of speakers and appropriate times for exhibitors, new member get together, poster session, dinner venues and meal symposia.
- The Chair is responsible for fielding all questions or concerns from speakers, members or the board on conference progress and planning.
- Monthly phone conferences are essential in the planning process starting immediately following the previous year’s conference.
- During the conference, committee members assist with helping participants, greeting participants, assisting and introducing speakers and any other activities to ensure the success of the event.
- The Planning Committee also reviews evaluation comments and makes recommendations for improvements for future conference programs.
Click here for the Conference Planning Committee Volunteer Form
Conference Planning Committee Roster